Thursday, April 30, 2009

i believe You, Lord

i trust You, Lord,
so i will believe You

You say we have not because we ask not,
so if we ask, we will have

when i cry out to You, do You hear me?
i believe You do, for You say You hear all prayers
when i ask for wisdom, do You give it?
i believe You do, for You say You give it freely

when i ask You for the bread of life, do You bring it to me?
i believe You do, for You say You will not give me a stone
when i cry out for Your Spirit, do You send Him to me?
i believe You do, for You say You will not give me a serpent

when i ask for guidance, will i trust You to bring it?
i will believe You, Lord, even when it not what i expected You to say
when i ask for peace, will i trust it as coming from You?
i will believe You, Lord, even when it comes when i don't understand it

do i *really* believe
that You use the foolish,
redeem the unredeemable,
love the unlovable,
speak to the deaf,
move the unmovable,
touch the insensitive,
and gently lead Your sheep?,
i trust You, Lord

and do i believe that You are sovereign
control my destiny
designed my path
can protect my walk
and will lead me in the way everlasting?
i believe You, Lord

so why do i question You, when what You say seems to me to be
illogical
impractical
foolish
unwise
uncommonsensical
do i really believe You *then*, Lord?

i believe You, Lord
and help me in my unbelief

when i cry out to You
over and over
and only hear one answer
but it's not what i expect or understand
help me to trust that it is You
help me to walk it in
help me to trust Your voice
help me to believe You completely
because You have given me many reasons to do so.

help me trust You, Lord
for i believe You.


Clover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outcast, Adopted.

THIS BLOG IS IN NEED OF AN OVERHAUL. there are posts from years back i would not be able to post in good conscience now. i plan to overhaul the blog, and either delete or add a disclaimer to those posts. but that is gonna take time....

The Radical Summons: "
Therefore let us go to Him outside the camp and bear the reproach He endured. For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come." Hebrews 13:13.

"The Spirit never loosens where the Word binds; the Spirit never justifies where the Word condemns; the Spirit never approves where the Word disapproves; the Spirit never blesses where the Word curses." —Thomas Brooks

‎"God receives none but those who are forsaken, restores health to none but those who are sick, gives sight to none but the blind, and life to none but the dead. He does not give saintliness to any but sinners, nor wisdom to any but fools. In short: He has mercy on none but the wretched and gives grace to none but those who are in disgrace. Therefore no arrogant saint, or just or wise man can be material for God, neither can he do the work of God, but he remains confined within his own work and makes of himself a fictitious, ostensible, false, and deceitful saint, that is, a hypocrite." --Martin Luther (W.A. 1.183ff)

i will not let You go: "Jacob's sense of his total debility and utter defeat is now the secret of his power with his friendly Vanquisher. God can overthrow all the prowess of the self-reliant, but He cannot resist the earnest entreaty of the helpless." --Albert Barnes

i will not let You go: "Jacob's determination did not flow from his strength, it flowed from his weakness." --Charles Leiter