Tuesday, May 23, 2006

7 Random Things About me

i was tagged by Christy!
[originally called:6 Random Facts about little ol' me!]

1. if i should die (if what happened to enoch doesn't happen to me - he walked with God then just poof disappeared, God liked him so much... hey, it could happen...) - then i am on the list to be an organ donor... after that, i wouldn't mind if my body were donated for scientific research. particularly my brain. they might find something interesting.

2. my alter ego is The Bandido Lady. sometimes when my asthma is really bad, i walk around particularly allergenic places with a scarf around my face. lookin' like i'm gonna rob a bank or something! when i wear my pink scarf, i am The Pink Bandido Lady... i like the particular 'ring' that one has! :D

3. i hate trying to decide what my favorite flower is when that question comes up in a quizztionaire like this.... but i finally figured it out - the dandelion. they are so beautiful and cheery! "weeds" are full-fledged plants too, they are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. i've been told i'm a "sucker" for the underdog.... i just call it empathy.

4. my favorite book of the bible is the Song of Songs, aka the Song of Soloman. it's my Beloved's, my Jesus', love letter to me. that's why i have a whole 'nother blog about it ~ Song of my Beloved. which i haven't written in since i started it. YET. but i will. i hope. soon. one day.

5. i have pink dreads. [ok, yeah, like you didn't know that one already, at least if you've been reading this blog at all].... [oh, and yeah, the pink is fading... but they're still pink. just a pale pink.] .... i love my dreads. they make me feel....feminine. beautiful. it's made the whole scripture about my hair being my glory take on a whole new meaning. i really do feel beautiful. thanks, Daddy.

6. i don't like the number 6. it's the number that represents 'man'. yeah, i just don't like it. mankind is baaad news, man. ;) ...so i'm adding another number to this list... wait.. you guessed it...7!!!! now, the number 7 is my favorite. i wish it didn't sit next to 6 all the time. hmmm... well, maybe i should be no respecter of numbers.... do i need to repent?

7. i want a tattoo. to honor my God and King. whaaaa??? well, i'm marked with the name of my Lord Jesus. i want Him to draw on me too! ;) ... and i've been thinking of ear plugs. or whatever they are called - i'm very un-hip, y'know. why? because body piercing saved my life. Jesus was pierced for me. He freed me. and any good slave worth his beans back in the day would pierce his ear with an awl into the his masters door(post?)... to indicate that by choice, out of a bond of love, he would stay with him forever.... and become, by choice, a bondslave.... who the master considers a friend. that is so weird to the world, eh?.... anyways, plugs would really change the shape - deform, really - the natural shape of my ears. but then, my 'natural life' has been totally changed, radically changed from what it was before. my ears for my Jesus - hardly compares to His life for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outcast, Adopted.

THIS BLOG IS IN NEED OF AN OVERHAUL. there are posts from years back i would not be able to post in good conscience now. i plan to overhaul the blog, and either delete or add a disclaimer to those posts. but that is gonna take time....

The Radical Summons: "
Therefore let us go to Him outside the camp and bear the reproach He endured. For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come." Hebrews 13:13.

"The Spirit never loosens where the Word binds; the Spirit never justifies where the Word condemns; the Spirit never approves where the Word disapproves; the Spirit never blesses where the Word curses." —Thomas Brooks

‎"God receives none but those who are forsaken, restores health to none but those who are sick, gives sight to none but the blind, and life to none but the dead. He does not give saintliness to any but sinners, nor wisdom to any but fools. In short: He has mercy on none but the wretched and gives grace to none but those who are in disgrace. Therefore no arrogant saint, or just or wise man can be material for God, neither can he do the work of God, but he remains confined within his own work and makes of himself a fictitious, ostensible, false, and deceitful saint, that is, a hypocrite." --Martin Luther (W.A. 1.183ff)

i will not let You go: "Jacob's sense of his total debility and utter defeat is now the secret of his power with his friendly Vanquisher. God can overthrow all the prowess of the self-reliant, but He cannot resist the earnest entreaty of the helpless." --Albert Barnes

i will not let You go: "Jacob's determination did not flow from his strength, it flowed from his weakness." --Charles Leiter