Friday, May 26, 2006

Being a High-Fidelity Christian

It is not only wrong to worry, it is infidelity, because worrying means that we do not think that God can look after the practical details of our lives, and it is never any thing else that worries us. Have you ever noticed what Jesus said would choke the word He puts in? The devil? No, the cares of this world. It is the little worries always. I will not trust where I cannot see, that is where infidelity begins. The only cure for infidelity is obedience to the Spirit.

The great word of Jesus to His disciples is abandon.

~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, May 23......[read more here.]


fidelity: a truthful connection to a source; loyalty and attentiveness to one's duty or King; monogamy, and lack of adultery; how accurate a copy is to it's source.

[culled from Wikipedia.]


when i worry... how true of a connection do i have to my Source? am i knit right in there with Him? or have i allowed myself to drift, so that He feels far away? have i been tending to the vineyard, my relationship with Him? have i been partaking of His manna, His bread, daily?

when i worry... how attentive am i to my King? to His Omnipotence? do i remember that my destiny is pre-ordained, and that all things are for my benefit? and i being loyal to my duty as a child of God? am i trusting Him to take care of me? am i casting aside worry and doubt, and putting on the mind of Christ? whatsoever is pure, whatsoever is lovely.... am i thinking on those things?

when i worry... do i have other god's before Him? do i look to myself to provide, or Him? do i look to the government to be my safety net, or to Him? do i look to Him to be my guidance, or to the counsel of man? am i staying true to my Beloved, or have i given my heart over to other things?

when i worry... how accurately conformed to the image of Christ am i? do i seek to do the will of my Father in heaven, only? do i say, Your will be done, not mine? do i only do and say only what my Father tells me? am i willing to lay down my life for the Gospel? for others? am i willing to run the race, even if i suffer loss?

Lord, i want to be a high-fidelity christian. i want to be true to who You are. i want to sound like You, i want to smell like You, i want to taste like You, i want to look like You, and i want my love to feel like Yours. i want to live my life like You, for You, in You, and through You. You must increase and i must decrease... i want to be crucified with You... so that i no longer live, but You live in me. may it be so, Lord. into Your hands i commit my spirit. i am Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outcast, Adopted.

THIS BLOG IS IN NEED OF AN OVERHAUL. there are posts from years back i would not be able to post in good conscience now. i plan to overhaul the blog, and either delete or add a disclaimer to those posts. but that is gonna take time....

The Radical Summons: "
Therefore let us go to Him outside the camp and bear the reproach He endured. For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come." Hebrews 13:13.

"The Spirit never loosens where the Word binds; the Spirit never justifies where the Word condemns; the Spirit never approves where the Word disapproves; the Spirit never blesses where the Word curses." —Thomas Brooks

‎"God receives none but those who are forsaken, restores health to none but those who are sick, gives sight to none but the blind, and life to none but the dead. He does not give saintliness to any but sinners, nor wisdom to any but fools. In short: He has mercy on none but the wretched and gives grace to none but those who are in disgrace. Therefore no arrogant saint, or just or wise man can be material for God, neither can he do the work of God, but he remains confined within his own work and makes of himself a fictitious, ostensible, false, and deceitful saint, that is, a hypocrite." --Martin Luther (W.A. 1.183ff)

i will not let You go: "Jacob's sense of his total debility and utter defeat is now the secret of his power with his friendly Vanquisher. God can overthrow all the prowess of the self-reliant, but He cannot resist the earnest entreaty of the helpless." --Albert Barnes

i will not let You go: "Jacob's determination did not flow from his strength, it flowed from his weakness." --Charles Leiter