Saturday, February 21, 2009

i will drink of Your wine...

....this morning.... God has been ministering to me out of the book of Lilac Wine, in unison with the music of Song of Solomon..... uh, erm, it's the other way around, actually, but you could say it that way... because the two are so parallel its crazy.... intoxicating... worshipful... intimate.... consecrating...

the lyrics (putting in "He" instead of 'she', as nina simone sings it):
Lilac Wine
(words and music by James Shelton)

I lost myself on a cool damp night
Gave myself in that misty light
Was hypnotized by a strange delight
Under a lilac tree
I made wine from the lilac tree
Put my heart in its recipe
It makes me see what I want to see...
And be what I want to be
When I think more than I want to think
Do things I never should do
I drink much more that I ought to drink
Because I brings me back you...


Lilac wine is sweet and heady, like my love
Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, like my love
Listen to me... I cannot see clearly
Isn't that He coming to me nearly here?

Lilac wine is sweet and heady where's my love?
Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, where's my love?

Listen to me, why is everything so hazy?
Isn't that He, or am I just going crazy, dear?

Lilac Wine, I feel unready for my love...
parallel that to:
SoS 5: 1 "I have come to My garden, My sister, My spouse; I have gathered My myrrh with My spice: I have eaten My honeycomb with My honey; I have drunk My wine with My milk... Eat, o friends... Drink, yes, drink deeply, o beloved ones."
7:9 ... the wine goes down smoothly for my Beloved... i am my Beloved's, and His desire is toward me.
8:5 ...I awakened you under the apple tree...
5:2 i sleep, but my heart is awake; it is the Voice of my Beloved! He knocks, saying, "open for Me, My sister, My love, My dove, My perfect one; for My head is covered with dew, My locks with the drops of the night."
5:6 i opened for my Beloved, but my Beloved had turned away and was gone. my heart leaped up when He spoke. i sought Him, but i could not find Him; i called Him but He gave me no answer....
3:2 "i will rise now, ' i said, " and go about the city; in the streets and in the squares i will seek the One i love."...
8: i charge you, o daughters of Jerusalem, if you find my Beloved, that you tell Him that i am lovesick!
1:2 let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth - for Your love is better than wine....
lilac wine.... His presence, His love.... is sweet and heady....

my Beloved came to me, in my dark night, awakened me under the tree, the tree i was born under - born into sin - and revealed Himself to me, i gave myself to Him, He overwhelmed me with His being, He hypnotized me with His 'strange' beauty and revelation - like nothing else on this earth.... this salvation i drink, i spend time in the garden with Him and drink of the wine our times together produce.... it gives me vision for my life, it transforms me to His image, the christlikeness my spirit longs for..... when i feel lost and overwhelmed, i run back to this garden and drink deeply... and come again and again into communion with Him... His very essence and presence wrecks me, and i am a fool for Him.....

...please excuse me while i go spend some time with Him, now.... before i fall over...

[listen to the song on my playlist, or here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outcast, Adopted.

THIS BLOG IS IN NEED OF AN OVERHAUL. there are posts from years back i would not be able to post in good conscience now. i plan to overhaul the blog, and either delete or add a disclaimer to those posts. but that is gonna take time....

The Radical Summons: "
Therefore let us go to Him outside the camp and bear the reproach He endured. For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come." Hebrews 13:13.

"The Spirit never loosens where the Word binds; the Spirit never justifies where the Word condemns; the Spirit never approves where the Word disapproves; the Spirit never blesses where the Word curses." —Thomas Brooks

‎"God receives none but those who are forsaken, restores health to none but those who are sick, gives sight to none but the blind, and life to none but the dead. He does not give saintliness to any but sinners, nor wisdom to any but fools. In short: He has mercy on none but the wretched and gives grace to none but those who are in disgrace. Therefore no arrogant saint, or just or wise man can be material for God, neither can he do the work of God, but he remains confined within his own work and makes of himself a fictitious, ostensible, false, and deceitful saint, that is, a hypocrite." --Martin Luther (W.A. 1.183ff)

i will not let You go: "Jacob's sense of his total debility and utter defeat is now the secret of his power with his friendly Vanquisher. God can overthrow all the prowess of the self-reliant, but He cannot resist the earnest entreaty of the helpless." --Albert Barnes

i will not let You go: "Jacob's determination did not flow from his strength, it flowed from his weakness." --Charles Leiter