Friday, September 22, 2006

arrrrrgh!!!!!!!!! i hate classical piano!!!!!!

well, i hate playing it anyways. i love the sound of it, i love hearing it come from my fingers, but i get so wired after playing it for only a few minutes i wanna scream. TOO MUCH INPUT!!!!

i'm asking my hands to fly across a keyboard in arpeggios and trills and yada yada yada, the music is flying through my brain, and i swear i'm gonna combust.

today when i went for some training time with God on the piano (He's training my hands to war and my fingers to fight, y'see?), and for some reason, instead of my worship music/God-songs, i pulled out my classical books from under my piano, where they are safely stowed, waiting dustily for the one time a year i pull one out. i amazed myself at how i could pick out old songs i played as a kid with a fair bit of ease - rustily, but easily..... then i grabbed my suzuki book with the something-teen odd pages of a mozart sonata (or some such - a sonatina maybe? i dunno) i was making myself learn about 10 years ago... and i could still play it quite easily - again, rustily, but easily.... i played about 6 pages non-stop then had to get up from the piano and hollar!

aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

how is it that i can play it and hate it so?

it's so intense, so emotionally loaded for me. and i feel like never trying to play classical again.... never, ever again!

but i'm not going to say that - i don't want to put a ban/curse on myself, y'know?

it's been at least a year since i pulled out my classical books last.... when i also pulled them out for a day or two and shoved them back because it was too intense....having not pulled them out for year or more before that.

so i've played maybe 6 hours of classical piano in the last 3 years, since i've moved into this house.... and i can still pick up a complex mozart sonata(or whatever it is).

i feel kind of sick right now. it could be the can of oysters i scarfed down for dinner, mind you, but i'm having a heavy realization that i'm crazy talented at piano and that's a gift of God to be used... but i feel like it could undo me!

i feel like i could wind up living in a cave, on a quiet mountain side, trying to silence all the melodies running - running - running through my head, screaming to get out.... like a crazed musical savant genious hermit or something.... coming down the mountain (when she comes.... lalala) only once a month for supplies, with crazy hair and humming constantly and not talking to anyone unless i'm singing it melodically......

....and i'm only slightly exaggerating! aarrrgghhh!!!!!

if i don't play, i'm ok. i have "control" over the music in my head, it's more fun than anything, and comes in useful for writing music God gives me.....

but when i play the pia-pia-piano, as in classically, all... hell? ... breaks loose.

hmm.

i think maybe it's God's timing for me to break through in this somehow.

i feel like throwing my computer monitor through my window.... how sane is that? lol

but.... *sigh*...

ok, God... i'm willing. if it's classical you want me to play, too, besides worship and God-songs, then show me... i'll play classical if you want me to.... but You'll have to break this/anoint this/heal this...this whatever it is. cuz i can't do it!

aaarrrggghhh!!!!!

i wonder..... what's the point of classical music in God's kingdom, anyways?

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had the talent of playing Classical piano! That is one instrument I would have loved to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's never too late! i just had such a horrible time with lessons as a kid (8 years of them), it makes it hard to play to this day. i hope it's better for most kids in piano lessons than it was for me!

    ReplyDelete

Outcast, Adopted.

THIS BLOG IS IN NEED OF AN OVERHAUL. there are posts from years back i would not be able to post in good conscience now. i plan to overhaul the blog, and either delete or add a disclaimer to those posts. but that is gonna take time....

The Radical Summons: "
Therefore let us go to Him outside the camp and bear the reproach He endured. For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come." Hebrews 13:13.

"The Spirit never loosens where the Word binds; the Spirit never justifies where the Word condemns; the Spirit never approves where the Word disapproves; the Spirit never blesses where the Word curses." —Thomas Brooks

‎"God receives none but those who are forsaken, restores health to none but those who are sick, gives sight to none but the blind, and life to none but the dead. He does not give saintliness to any but sinners, nor wisdom to any but fools. In short: He has mercy on none but the wretched and gives grace to none but those who are in disgrace. Therefore no arrogant saint, or just or wise man can be material for God, neither can he do the work of God, but he remains confined within his own work and makes of himself a fictitious, ostensible, false, and deceitful saint, that is, a hypocrite." --Martin Luther (W.A. 1.183ff)

i will not let You go: "Jacob's sense of his total debility and utter defeat is now the secret of his power with his friendly Vanquisher. God can overthrow all the prowess of the self-reliant, but He cannot resist the earnest entreaty of the helpless." --Albert Barnes

i will not let You go: "Jacob's determination did not flow from his strength, it flowed from his weakness." --Charles Leiter