Saturday, September 16, 2006

leaving the harbour...

Jesus has been speaking to me.... listening to joni mitchell music of all things. the album: "Song to Seagull".... amazing album.... got it at canadian tire, $10... go get it! cuz hey, God redeems anything He wants and can use it to speak to us, His Spirit speaking to us, y'know?


oh gosh, i can't even write it out right now.....

...there's a Man out on the water, filling me with dreams....

a few years ago, someone who could not understand why our church didn't have me making use of certain gifts - he said to me, essentially, "you've been harboured, i don't know why you're harbored but it isnt right...".... and i always had the thought, it's not the people, the leaders who've harboured me, it's God, for His reasons, His timing... it's just not His timing... it's ok, God's dealing with me in my heart...growing me, preparing me.... i could hear the cry for justice in this mans heart...but there was no injustice; just God's timing... i've remembered that comment, "you've been harboured" for a long time, for some reason.....

...the Man has raised me up to go sailing with Him... i am His queen.... He bestows His jasper and crystal on me.... He raises me to fly with Him, to soar with Him, to dive with Him.... promises of freedom....

and He spoke this line to my heart, clear as day, early this morning, from "cactus tree", by joni mitchell:

"...and he takes her to a schooner, and he treats her like a queen... bearing beads from california with their amber stones and green...he has called her from the harbor...he has kissed her with his freedom... he has heard her off to starboard, in the breaking and the breathing of the water weeds... while she was busy being free"....

oh, yes, He has called me from the harbour, where He had me waiting, patiently, sometimes striving to get to sea, sometimes mad, sometimes frusterated, but always knowing it was He who harboured me, nobody else.... while i waited, He filled me with dreams, years of dreaming, vision, promise, one day i will be free, no fear, no holds barred... now He has called me from the harbour.... He hears, sees me, promises me, i'm splashing in the water, never minding the waves, the noise, the confusion... the weeds of the world... becuase i'm free ... i pay no attention to them, i'm busy, busy walking in His freedom....

...soar, lynne, soar above all those who may think you're silly, who can't understand, just pursue me....

...there is a Man, bleeding, a Man who won the war, giving me medals, riches, promises, tokens, medallions.... all His silver, all His gold... given all for me... for the promise to be free...

dive for My treasure, lynne, it's for you. dive, dive, dive again, pursue my treasure, it's yours....

another few lines from joni mitchell's 'the dawntreader' that He spoke to my heart:

"....blue medallions, gilded galleons spilled across the ocean floor... treasure somewher in the sea and he will find it... never mind their questions there's no answer for... the roll of the harbour wake, the songs that the rigging makes, the taste of the the spray he takes as he learns to give, he aches and he learns to live..."

no matter the noise and hustle and bustle, people not understanding you, pursue me... dive for my treasure... dive, dive, over again... like those ducks diving for treasure over and over again, more time underwater than out.... dive for my treasures.... they are yours if you only dive for them, pursue them, search for them.... you are free to dive.... I promised you freedom, I died to give you life, so you may live it to the full... i give you dreams, and they will come to be....

yet another portion of a song by joni mitchell, from "song to a seagull":

"fly silly seabird... no dreams can possess you.. no voices can blame you for sun on your wings... my gently relations have names they must call me for loving the freedom..."

yes lynne, fly.... no matter if people think you are silly... these dreams wont make you crazy, they are life and vision to you, I speak to you, I lead you... no one can blame you for soaring in the Sonlight, My glow on your wings... soar, lynne, soar... they may think you and I are weird, but who cares.... soar with Me, soar in freedom... you are no silly seabird, you are on wings as an eagle, looking into the light of My Sun, into My glory, on the breath of My Spirit.... soaring far above the pilings and the docks and the world who will try to tie you down from sailing out from harbour, from soaring on My Spirit, from diving for My treasure... just be busy...being free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outcast, Adopted.

THIS BLOG IS IN NEED OF AN OVERHAUL. there are posts from years back i would not be able to post in good conscience now. i plan to overhaul the blog, and either delete or add a disclaimer to those posts. but that is gonna take time....

The Radical Summons: "
Therefore let us go to Him outside the camp and bear the reproach He endured. For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come." Hebrews 13:13.

"The Spirit never loosens where the Word binds; the Spirit never justifies where the Word condemns; the Spirit never approves where the Word disapproves; the Spirit never blesses where the Word curses." —Thomas Brooks

‎"God receives none but those who are forsaken, restores health to none but those who are sick, gives sight to none but the blind, and life to none but the dead. He does not give saintliness to any but sinners, nor wisdom to any but fools. In short: He has mercy on none but the wretched and gives grace to none but those who are in disgrace. Therefore no arrogant saint, or just or wise man can be material for God, neither can he do the work of God, but he remains confined within his own work and makes of himself a fictitious, ostensible, false, and deceitful saint, that is, a hypocrite." --Martin Luther (W.A. 1.183ff)

i will not let You go: "Jacob's sense of his total debility and utter defeat is now the secret of his power with his friendly Vanquisher. God can overthrow all the prowess of the self-reliant, but He cannot resist the earnest entreaty of the helpless." --Albert Barnes

i will not let You go: "Jacob's determination did not flow from his strength, it flowed from his weakness." --Charles Leiter